There’s nothing quite like the feeling you get when you’re in love. Whether you’re dating, engaged or have been married for 10 years, it’s always important to dedicate time to making your significant other feel loved.
Here are 10 easy ways that you can do just that:
- Read “The 5 Love Languages” together. This book, with over 10,000+ reviews on Amazon is hailed as the secret to unlocking the way your partner experiences love and how to best understand their needs in relationship to yours.
- Cook your significant other their favorite meal or treat. Don’t know what it is? There’s plenty on Pinterest to get inspired from!
- Pick them up a coffee or tea and bring it to them when they’re not expecting it.
- Share with them an embarrassing and humorous story about your childhood and ask them about one of theirs.
- Give them the best hug of their entire life. No, really, squeeze them long and hard!
- Ask them on a date to the movies and pick one they’ve been wanting to see (even if you think your significant other is a romantic sap or a huge nerd, give their preference a try; you might like it).
- Send them a song to listen to that reminds you of them. Better yet? Make them a Spotify or YouTube playlist full of them!
- Go on a walk together and leave your phones at home. It’s easy to get distracted when you can reach for your phone during conversation lulls, so it’s important to ditch the devices for some quality time!
- Build something together. Whether it’s a piece of IKEA furniture or a gingerbread house during the holidays, spend time creating something together.
There are millions of tiny daily things that you can do to make your partner feel loved. Share with us! what’s one of your ways of showing your s.o. love? We would love to hear from you.
Now get out there and spread the love!