Writing a wedding toast can be one of the hardest and most frustrating moments in your life. When you are trying to decide on what you want to write whether you are a best man, bridesmaid, or a father; try to think of these 7 topics to get the most out of the speech.
Wedding Toast Topics
- Think about who you are toasting. Remember where you are, and because it is a wedding you have to remember that there are topics you should stay away from because this is a formal setting. Never bring up a topic that would embarrass someone at the wedding
- Try to think of a funny story, how that individual motivated you or helped you in your life.
- Clarify your relationship with who you are toasting- you and a couple others might know who you are but there are tons of other people there that have no idea who you are. Make a small introduction about how you know this person and how you met (it might me a funny story).
- Show gratitude- whether it’s the parents, the bride, or even the groom; give thanks for welcoming you to this special occasion. It shows you care.
- Try to share Stories of how various parties met are always popular, whether you talk about how the bride and groom met or your first time meeting either of them.
- Always try to offer a compliment- Say something nice about the person (or couple) you are toasting to.
- Always end the toast on a positive note- Offer a wish, a traditional toast, or a blessing.
Have some ideas on how to give a good wedding toast? Then share them below! Looking for the perfect gift to get your groomsmen? Then check our post on the best customized gifts for your groomsmen!